Hummus and Cucumber Tomato Salad Stuffed Pita
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2-1/4 teaspoon salt, depending on taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 1 cup hummus
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add in tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion; toss to coat.
- Open each pita pocket carefully and spread 1/4 cup hummus in each pocket and stuff in some of the cucumber mixture using a slotted spoon. Serve any remaining cucumber and tomato salad on the side.
Serving size: 2 pita pockets Calories: 476.7 Fat: 20.5 g Saturated fat:3.0 g Carbohydrates: 62.7 g Sugar: 5.5 g Fiber: 14.0 g Protein: 17.7 g Cholesterol: 0.0 mg